Funny thing happened this weekend…my tankini must have shrunk since our trip to Kauai this summer…
1. We just got home from two nights away.
2. We spent the weekend in Warrens, Wisconsin.
3. Did you know that the cranberry is the state fruit of Wisconsin?
4. I know this first hand because our hotel was in the heart of cranberry country.
5. Our hotel had the most amazing indoor water park.
6. I went down the water slides a whopping 5 times.
7. I lived to write about it.
8. Did you know that Wisconsin is known for their cheese curds?
9. Fried cheese curds are a Wisconsin must have.
10. It snowed 18 inches while we spent our time there.
11. My tankini is a bit snug which means i *might* need to slim down.
12.Our hotel room was called a family suite which means we had our own bedroom.
13. Our bedroom had a locking door.
14. My bedroom at home does NOT have a locking door.
15. My kids don’t know what it means when the door is locked.
16. I loved having a door that locks.
17. We took a tour of a cranberry museum.
18. We ate lots of cranberry things like pie and ice cream.
19. My tankini was a bit snug.
20. We played lots of games and had amazing family down time.
21. All i packed was a tankini..some cozy clothes..and no make-up.
22. My kids lived in sweats and suits the entire weekend.
23. We dined at our first ever Culver’s and Perkins while in Wisconsin.
24. My tankini was a bit snug.
25. I read an entire book while away…it’s called The True Story of Hansel and Gretel.
26. It is a wonderful book …i recommend it.
27. We played scrabble last night and i won.
28. I was NOT the only player playing.
29. We watched lots and lots of movies while lounging in sweats.
30. I came home to a very clean house because my cleaners cleaned on Friday morning.
31. They were welcomed back with open arms after a 4 month hiatus.
32. I loved driving 3.5 hours north…and having a mini family get away.
33. I totally recommend it.
34. My tankini was a bit snug.
35. I might have even gotten a water wedgie while going down the slides.
36. Fin had a cough while we were there and *might* have been the kid that threw up on the floor by the pool.
37. Since i’m not SURE it was my kid..i am not raising my hand saying it was him.
38. Even though Fin thinks he did it…since i did not witness it…i plead the fifth.
39. I *love* that my kids are old enough to swim and slide without adult supervision.
40. Except when they get caught doing canon balls into the hot tub.